Old 08-21-2012, 03:53 PM
Gordon Grant

Default semanage 'utf8' error

Hi List

I am trying to install a set of selinux rule definitions, but when I run*
# semanage -i ./puppetmaster.pp

to install the rules, I get the following error message:
/usr/sbin/semanage: utf8

I get exit code 1, and my module does not load.

My system is RHEL 6.3 with latest updates.

It is in the 'en_US.UTF-8' locale.

What does this error message mean?

I have tried various LANG env var changes, but can't get the rules to load.

This is the '.te' file which compiles successfully into the 'puppetmaster.pp' file:

module puppetmaster 1.0;
require {* * * * type httpd_passenger_helper_t;* * * * type puppet_var_run_t;
* * * * type puppet_log_t;* * * * type puppet_var_lib_t;* * * * type user_devpts_t;* * * * type httpd_t;* * * * type proc_net_t;* * * * type certmonger_t;
* * * * class file { rename setattr relabelfrom create write read getattr relabelto open };* * * * class dir { search setattr relabelfrom create write read getattr rmdir remove_name relabelto add_name };
* * * * class chr_file { read write };}
#============= certmonger_t ==============#!!!! The source type 'certmonger_t' can write to a 'dir' of the following types:
# certmonger_var_lib_t, certmonger_var_run_t, cert_t, dirsrv_config_t, var_lib_t, var_run_t, root_t
allow certmonger_t puppet_var_lib_t:dir { write search getattr add_name };#!!!! The source type 'certmonger_t' can write to a 'file' of the following types:
# certmonger_var_lib_t, certmonger_var_run_t, cert_t, dirsrv_config_t, root_t
allow certmonger_t puppet_var_lib_t:file { write read create open getattr };
#============= httpd_passenger_helper_t ==============
allow httpd_passenger_helper_t user_devpts_t:chr_file { read write };
#============= httpd_t ==============allow httpd_t proc_net_t:file { read getattr open };#!!!! The source type 'httpd_t' can write to a 'dir' of the following types:
# httpd_log_t, dirsrv_config_t, httpd_tmp_t, dirsrvadmin_tmp_t, httpd_cache_t, httpd_tmpfs_t, httpd_squirrelmail_t, dirsrv_var_log_t, zarafa_var_lib_t, dirsrv_var_run_t, httpd_var_run_t, dirsrvadmin_config_t, squirrelmail_spool_t, passenger_var_run_t, httpdcontent, httpd_cobbler_rw_content_t, httpd_munin_rw_content_t, httpd_bugzilla_rw_content_t, httpd_cvs_rw_content_t, httpd_git_rw_content_t, httpd_sys_rw_content_t, httpd_sys_rw_content_t, httpd_nagios_rw_content_t, httpd_nutups_cgi_rw_content_t, httpd_apcupsd_cgi_rw_content_t, httpd_mediawiki_rw_content_t, httpd_squid_rw_content_t, httpd_smokeping_cgi_rw_content_t, httpd_prewikka_rw_content_t, httpd_dirsrvadmin_rw_content_t, httpd_w3c_validator_rw_content_t, httpd_awstats_rw_content_t, httpd_user_rw_content_t

allow httpd_t puppet_log_t:dir { write add_name setattr };allow httpd_t puppet_log_t:file { write relabelfrom create relabelto };allow httpd_t puppet_var_lib_t:dir { setattr relabelfrom create write read rmdir relabelto remove_name add_name };
allow httpd_t puppet_var_lib_t:file { write rename create setattr };allow httpd_t puppet_var_run_t:dir { search getattr };

thanks,
Gordon

--
Gordon Grant

Old 08-22-2012, 08:06 AM
Milos Malik

Hi Gordon,

if you wanted to load the policy module into memory, here is the command:

# semodule -i ./puppetmaster.pp

Milos

Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 PM
Alan Near

On Tue, 2012-08-21 at 16:53 +0100, Gordon Grant wrote:
> I am trying to install a set of selinux rule definitions, but when I
> run
> # semanage -i ./puppetmaster.pp

I guess, you’ve mistyped semodule.

Old 08-22-2012, 03:16 PM
Gordon Grant

Thanks, yes I couldn't see the woods for the trees!

Gordon

Old 08-27-2012, 11:56 PM
Daniel J Walsh