Old 08-20-2012, 09:02 PM

Default fixfiles during yum upgrade

Maybe I can get a quick answer here - the current upgrade, from CentOS 6.2
to 6.3 frequently seems to invoke fixfiles:
ps -ef | grep fix
root 10140 10126 0 16:58 pts/0 00:00:00 /bin/bash /sbin/fixfiles
-C /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts.pre restore

Now, I need to poweroff this server - they're doing power work in the data
center in the morning. Opinions on whether I can just kill that fixfiles,
or do I have to let it run (and this is a home directory and backup
server, so it takes for-bloody-ever to run)?

mark

Old 08-23-2012, 10:53 AM
Daniel J Walsh