Old 08-03-2012, 02:06 PM

Default sealert and FC17

Dan,

I read your post at <http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/26053.html>, but
what I still don't understand is this: on a user's system (actually, my
manager's). What I need, and not just for his system, is a way to do
what setroubleshoot *used* to do: give me a sealert in a logfile so I
can run it from a command line.

mark, pro-command line

Old 08-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Thomas Cameron

what I still don't understand is this: on a user's system (actually, my
manager's). What I need, and not just for his system, is a way to do
what setroubleshoot *used* to do: give me a sealert in a logfile so I
can run it from a command line.

Have you installed setroubleshoot and setroubleshoot-server?

Once you do, you can use e.g. sealert to read the alerts from the
command line.

TC

Old 08-03-2012, 03:35 PM

Thomas Cameron wrote:
> On 08/03/2012 09:06 AM, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
>> Dan,
>>
>> I read your post at <http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/26053.html>, but
>> what I still don't understand is this: on a user's system (actually, my
>> manager's). What I need, and not just for his system, is a way to do
>> what setroubleshoot *used* to do: give me a sealert in a logfile so I
>> can run it from a command line.
>
> Have you installed setroubleshoot and setroubleshoot-server?
>
> Once you do, you can use e.g. sealert to read the alerts from the
> command line.

I must be missing something. Yes, they're both installed. I tried sealert
-a /var/log/audit/audit.log, and got nothing - in there, I see a lot of
SERVICE START and SERVICE STOP. I tried the same on /var/log/messages,
where I see avc's; for example,
<timestamp> <name> kernel: [96575.845662] type=1400
audit(1344007740.130:4055): avc: denied { open } for pid=5804
comm="awk" name="ld.so.cache" dev="dm-0" ino=61036
scontext=system_u:system_r:ksmtuned_t:s0
tcontext=system_ubject_r:file_t:s0 tclass=file

but get nothing. What am I missing?

mark

Old 08-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Frank Murphy

I must be missing something. Yes, they're both installed. I tried sealert
-a /var/log/audit/audit.log, and got nothing - in there, I see a lot of
SERVICE START and SERVICE STOP. I tried the same on /var/log/messages,
where I see avc's; for example,
<timestamp> <name> kernel: [96575.845662] type=1400
audit(1344007740.130:4055): avc: denied { open } for pid=5804
comm="awk" name="ld.so.cache" dev="dm-0" ino=61036
scontext=system_u:system_r:ksmtuned_t:s0
tcontext=system_ubject_r:file_t:s0 tclass=file

but get nothing. What am I missing?

mark

Are you trying to find avc's in the audit.log?
sudo ausearch -m avc

Frank
"Jack of all, fubars"

Old 08-03-2012, 03:55 PM