Old 07-03-2012, 05:22 PM

Default FC17 and setroubleshoot

I have a couple of systems I've just upgraded from FC15 to FC17. I
installed setroubleshoot and setroubleshoot-server.

FC17 is obviously too new for an old fart like me - I can't find any
normal way to start setroubleshootd. Nothing in /etc/init.d....

mark

Old 07-03-2012, 05:29 PM
Dominick Grift

On Tue, 2012-07-03 at 13:22 -0400, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> I have a couple of systems I've just upgraded from FC15 to FC17. I
> installed setroubleshoot and setroubleshoot-server.
>
> FC17 is obviously too new for an old fart like me - I can't find any
> normal way to start setroubleshootd. Nothing in /etc/init.d....
>
> mark

forget /etc/init.d thats a relik of the sysv init/upstart era. Systemd
stores its unit files in /lib|etc/systemd/system i believe.

But nonetheless setroubleshoot is neither a init daemon nor a systemd
daemon i believe.

Instead its run by DBUS system bus automagically i think (probably only
when i event occurs) (maybe by audispd?)

I am not sure abou the details as i dont use it myself

Old 07-03-2012, 07:50 PM
Miroslav Grepl

I have a couple of systems I've just upgraded from FC15 to FC17. I
installed setroubleshoot and setroubleshoot-server.

FC17 is obviously too new for an old fart like me - I can't find any
normal way to start setroubleshootd. Nothing in /etc/init.d....

mark

setroubleshootd is the dbus service now.

You can read more info using

# man setroubleshootd

Regards,
Miroslav