Old 07-02-2012, 12:06 PM
余水保

Default How to save selinux setsebool configuration

Hi friends,
After change the selinux settings as:
*setsebool httpd_can_network_connect on
It works.** But when reboot,* the setings are lost.** Is there a way to save the configuration?

Old 07-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Tristan Santore

On 02/07/12 13:06, 余水保 wrote:
> Hi friends,
> After change the selinux settings as:
> setsebool httpd_can_network_connect on
> It works. But when reboot, the setings are lost. Is there a way to
> save the configuration?

A simple man setsebool would have shown you, that the -P argument does that.

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore@fedoraproject.org

Old 07-03-2012, 01:15 AM
余水保

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Tristan Santore <tristan.santore@internexusconnect.net> wrote:

On 02/07/12 13:06, 余水保 wrote:

> Hi friends,

> After change the selinux settings as:

> *setsebool httpd_can_network_connect on

> It works. * But when reboot, *the setings are lost. * Is there a way to

> save the configuration?

A simple man setsebool would have shown you, that the -P argument does that.

Regards,

Tristan

--

Tristan Santore BSc MBCS

TS4523-RIPE

Network and Infrastructure Operations

InterNexusConnect

Mobile +44-78-55069812

Tristan.Santore@internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary

(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,

and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore@fedoraproject.org

Thank you, Tristan.** The simple answer surprises me,* and gives me a deep lesson .* I have tried "man setsebool"* without reading carefully,* because a misconception leads me* to find separate command to do that.**

As years-age MS windows engineer,* *this shows that I* am* newbie to linux core value.

Old 07-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Miroslav Grepl

wrote:

On 02/07/12 13:06, 余水保 wrote:

> Hi friends,

> After change the selinux settings as:

> *setsebool httpd_can_network_connect on

> It works. * But when reboot, *the setings are lost. *
Is there a way to

> save the configuration?

A simple man setsebool would have shown you, that the -P
argument does that.

Regards,

Tristan

--

Tristan Santore BSc MBCS

TS4523-RIPE

Network and Infrastructure Operations

InterNexusConnect

Mobile +44-78-55069812

Tristan.Santore@internexusconnect.net

Former Thawte Notary

(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,

and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore@fedoraproject.org

Thank you, Tristan.** The simple answer surprises me,* and gives me
a deep lesson .* I have tried "man setsebool"* without reading
carefully,* because a misconception leads me* to find separate
command to do that.**

As years-age MS windows engineer,* *this shows that I* am* newbie
to linux core value.

How Tristan wrote

-P ... persistent change

So you need

setsebool -P httpd_can_network_connect 1