Old 05-31-2012, 09:46 AM
Moray Henderson

Default Poor error when loading policy module

I'm updating a custom policy from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6. The module builds
successfully, but fails to load:

# semodule -i mypolicy.pp
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Invalid argument
libsemanage.semanage_install_active: setfiles returned error code 1.
semodule: Failed!

It took me some time to work out that the error should have read:

File context already exists for /var/run/passenger: mypolicy.fc line 5

Now that I know there is already policy for Passenger, I can adjust mine
accordingly. Any chance of getting a more helpful version of the error
included in semodule?

Moray.
"To err is human; to purr, feline."