-   -   Poor error when loading policy module (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-selinux-support/673017-poor-error-when-loading-policy-module.html)

Moray Henderson 05-31-2012 09:46 AM

Poor error when loading policy module

I'm updating a custom policy from CentOS 5 to CentOS 6. The module builds
successfully, but fails to load:

# semodule -i mypolicy.pp
/etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts: Invalid argument
libsemanage.semanage_install_active: setfiles returned error code 1.
semodule: Failed!

It took me some time to work out that the error should have read:

File context already exists for /var/run/passenger: mypolicy.fc line 5

Now that I know there is already policy for Passenger, I can adjust mine
accordingly. Any chance of getting a more helpful version of the error
included in semodule?

Moray.
"To err is human; to purr, feline."