Old 04-03-2008, 03:49 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default enabling selinux

Hi,

I did a yum upgrade from Fedora 8 to Rawhide and disabled SELinux during
the upgrade just to avoid issues. Now that I finished upgrading, I tried
setting it to on and in enforcing mode.

Relabeling proceeded as expected though seemed slower than usual. After
bootup, I noticed that it says it is in permissive mode. Lots of things
have changed including the init system and I am not sure what to check.
Can someone help me out?

# cat /etc/selinux/config

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
# enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
# permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
# disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=enabled
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
# targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
# strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

# SETLOCALDEFS= Check local definition changes
SETLOCALDEFS=0

----

# sestatus

SELinux status: enabled
SELinuxfs mount: /selinux
Current mode: permissive
Mode from config file: error (Success)
Policy version: 22
Policy from config file: targeted

# rpm -qa | grep -i selinux

libselinux-2.0.61-1.fc9.i386
selinux-policy-targeted-3.3.1-26.fc9.noarch

Rahul

Old 04-03-2008, 04:09 AM
Andrew Farris

Andrew Farris wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

# rpm -qa | grep -i selinux

libselinux-2.0.61-1.fc9.i386
selinux-policy-targeted-3.3.1-26.fc9.noarch

You're missing the main policy rpm:
yum install selinux-policy

Sry, first reply went off-list. You need the policy as well as sub-policy, so
you'd want selinux-policy and selinux-policy-targeted or selinux-policy and
selinux-policy-mls for instance.

--
Andrew Farris <lordmorgul@gmail.com> www.lordmorgul.net
gpg 0x8300BF29 fingerprint 071D FFE0 4CBC 13FC 7DEB 5BD5 5F89 8E1B 8300 BF29