Old 01-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Dave Quigley

Default SLIDE for RHEL6 and Derivatives

<resent as I sent it from the wrong mailing address>

I am preparing resources for a talk and I'm trying to build a CentOS 6.2
VM with all the SELinux tools installed on it. Most of them are easy as
they are in the yum repo but I can't seem to find any RPMs for SLIDE.
The tresys yum repo relies on things that aren't in RHEL6 or EPEL6 and
only seem to be for RHEL 5 at the moment. Has anyone gotten SLIDE
installed on RHEL6? Is Tresys working on releasing RHEL 6 rpms for SLIDE?

Dave

Old 01-27-2012, 06:50 AM
Tristan Santore

On 27/01/12 07:36, Dave Quigley wrote:
> <resent as I sent it from the wrong mailing address>
>
> I am preparing resources for a talk and I'm trying to build a CentOS 6.2
> VM with all the SELinux tools installed on it. Most of them are easy as
> they are in the yum repo but I can't seem to find any RPMs for SLIDE.
> The tresys yum repo relies on things that aren't in RHEL6 or EPEL6 and
> only seem to be for RHEL 5 at the moment. Has anyone gotten SLIDE
> installed on RHEL6? Is Tresys working on releasing RHEL 6 rpms for SLIDE?
>
> Dave
It is available in Fedora. Not quite sure what exactly you are trying to
do. Maybe this is a temporary option for you anyway ?

Regards,
Tristan

--
Tristan Santore BSc MBCS
TS4523-RIPE

Former Thawte Notary
(Please note: Thawte has closed its WoT programme down,
and I am therefore no longer able to accredit trust)

TSantore@fedoraproject.org

Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Miroslav Grepl

On 01/27/2012 08:36 AM, Dave Quigley wrote:

<resent as I sent it from the wrong mailing address>

I am preparing resources for a talk and I'm trying to build a CentOS
6.2 VM with all the SELinux tools installed on it. Most of them are
easy as they are in the yum repo but I can't seem to find any RPMs for
SLIDE. The tresys yum repo relies on things that aren't in RHEL6 or
EPEL6 and only seem to be for RHEL 5 at the moment. Has anyone gotten
SLIDE installed on RHEL6? Is Tresys working on releasing RHEL 6 rpms
for SLIDE?

How about try to use the eclipse-slide rpm from Fedora13/14 on RHEL6?

Dave

Old 01-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Dave Quigley

On 1/27/2012 6:15 AM, Miroslav Grepl wrote:

On 01/27/2012 08:36 AM, Dave Quigley wrote:

<resent as I sent it from the wrong mailing address>

I am preparing resources for a talk and I'm trying to build a CentOS
6.2 VM with all the SELinux tools installed on it. Most of them are
easy as they are in the yum repo but I can't seem to find any RPMs for
SLIDE. The tresys yum repo relies on things that aren't in RHEL6 or
EPEL6 and only seem to be for RHEL 5 at the moment. Has anyone gotten
SLIDE installed on RHEL6? Is Tresys working on releasing RHEL 6 rpms
for SLIDE?

How about try to use the eclipse-slide rpm from Fedora13/14 on RHEL6?

Dave

That might be a reasonable idea. At least I should try to rebuild the
source rpm for F14 based on that. I'll give that a try this weekend to
see if it works.

Dave

Old 01-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Dominick Grift

On Fri, 2012-01-27 at 08:54 -0500, Dave Quigley wrote:
> On 1/27/2012 6:15 AM, Miroslav Grepl wrote:
> > On 01/27/2012 08:36 AM, Dave Quigley wrote:
> >> <resent as I sent it from the wrong mailing address>
> >>
> >> I am preparing resources for a talk and I'm trying to build a CentOS
> >> 6.2 VM with all the SELinux tools installed on it. Most of them are
> >> easy as they are in the yum repo but I can't seem to find any RPMs for
> >> SLIDE. The tresys yum repo relies on things that aren't in RHEL6 or
> >> EPEL6 and only seem to be for RHEL 5 at the moment. Has anyone gotten
> >> SLIDE installed on RHEL6? Is Tresys working on releasing RHEL 6 rpms
> >> for SLIDE?
> > How about try to use the eclipse-slide rpm from Fedora13/14 on RHEL6?
> >>
> >> Dave
> >> --
> >

> That might be a reasonable idea. At least I should try to rebuild the
> source rpm for F14 based on that. I'll give that a try this weekend to
> see if it works.

it works, what i did here was rpmbuild --rebuild all slide packages and
dependencies

Old 01-27-2012, 03:03 PM
David Quigley

On 01/27/2012 09:56, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

I tried that with Centos 6.2 and it didn't work. Doing a yum search for
eclipse-slide doesn't yield any results. If RHEL 6 did ship it then
Centos didn't repackage it for some odd reason. I can look for the srpms
from Red Hat for RHEL 6 to see if there is a package in there for it.

Dave

Old 01-27-2012, 03:06 PM
David Quigley

On 01/27/2012 11:03, David Quigley wrote:

On 01/27/2012 09:56, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

I tried that with Centos 6.2 and it didn't work. Doing a yum search
for eclipse-slide doesn't yield any results. If RHEL 6 did ship it
then Centos didn't repackage it for some odd reason. I can look for
the srpms from Red Hat for RHEL 6 to see if there is a package in
there for it.

Dave

I just checked the 6client and 6server source rpm directories on
redhat's site and there is no source rpm for eclipse-slide in either
directory. I think it wasn't packaged for RHEL 6.

Old 01-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Old 01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
David Quigley

On 01/27/2012 02:36 AM, Dave Quigley wrote:

<resent as I sent it from the wrong mailing address>

I am preparing resources for a talk and I'm trying to build
a CentOS 6.2 VM with all the SELinux tools installed on it.
Most of them are easy as they are in the yum repo but I
can't seem to find any RPMs for SLIDE. The tresys yum repo
relies on things that aren't in RHEL6 or EPEL6 and only
seem to be for RHEL 5 at the moment. Has anyone gotten
SLIDE installed on RHEL6? Is Tresys working on releasing
RHEL 6 rpms for SLIDE?

Dave

-- This message was distributed to subscribers of the
selinux mailing list. If you no longer wish to subscribe,
send mail to majordomo@tycho.nsa.gov with the words
"unsubscribe selinux" without quotes as the message.

yum install eclipse-slide

I thought we shipped it with RHEL6.

I tried that with Centos 6.2 and it didn't work. Doing a yum
search for eclipse-slide doesn't yield any results. If RHEL 6 did
ship it then Centos didn't repackage it for some odd reason. I
can look for the srpms from Red Hat for RHEL 6 to see if there is
a package in there for it.

I just checked the 6client and 6server source rpm directories on
redhat's site and there is no source rpm for eclipse-slide in
either directory. I think it wasn't packaged for RHEL 6. -- selinux
mailing list selinux@lists.fedoraproject.org

Yes you are right we don't package it for RHEL6.

I know SLIDE isn't required to write policy but if we want to convince
admins and developers that they should be working on SELinux policies
for in-house applications it would be a good idea to give them an IDE to
help them accomplish the task. I doubt we'd need to package the CDS
framework but basic SLIDE would be a good addition. Do they add packages
like that in minor versions of RHEL releases?