Old 01-20-2012, 11:52 AM
"Daniel P. Berrange"

Default avc_init deprecation vs avc_open + selinux_set_callback()

I'm adding support to libvirt for a userspace access controller, and have
been basing my code on that done in DBus (dbus/bus/selinux.c). That code
uses avc_init() and provides the whole set of callbacks that method
requires.

The man page for avc_init(), however, states that is is deprecated and
we should use a combination of avc_open() + selinux_set_callback() in
new code. The selinux_set_callback() function, while able to set the
log & audit callbacks, does not have any way to set the thread, mutex
or memory allocation callbacks. I've verified from looking at the code
that avc_init() is the only API that can set these.

Why is it deprecated, if the replacement quoted can't actually replace
its functionality ? I'm inclined it to use avc_init() despite it being
deprecated.

Daniel
--
|: http://berrange.com -o- http://www.flickr.com/photos/dberrange/ :|