Old 03-19-2008, 02:26 PM
"selinux ."

Default problems using refpolicy

I'm on fc8 and have recently installed refpolicy.* However, I can't get KDE to work.* It says that it was unable to get the network connections list and that it can't connect to dcopserver.* There are a lot of error messages -- many about hotplug, which I don't think are relevant.* There are some though, saying that selinux is preventing things from using potentially mislabeled files in the /tmp directory.* I've done every combination of installation configurations and relabelings that I can think of.

I don't know exactly what error messages are relevant, so I put dmesg output and the messages file (only containing one boot-up) on a website -- http://www.hostingsimplicity.net/* I made condensed versions of the dmesg and messages output, but put the full ones there to.* Also, there is all the output from running sealert on the items listed in messages.

I hate to ask someone to look at this for me, but if it is a common problem that I haven't found in the archives, or if you think you can help, please do...

Sincerely,

dylan