Old 03-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Stephen Smalley

Default problems using refpolicy

On Wed, 2008-03-19 at 10:26 -0500, selinux . wrote:
> I'm on fc8 and have recently installed refpolicy.

Why? Fedora ships with a policy built from refpolicy already.
Only reason to switch to upstream refpolicy is if you have a particular
need that isn't being met by the default policy.

And given that F8 policy merges targeted and strict together, you don't
have to wholesale replace your policy to apply strict policy if that is
your goal.

> However, I can't get KDE to work. It says that it was unable to get
> the network connections list and that it can't connect to dcopserver.
> There are a lot of error messages -- many about hotplug, which I don't
> think are relevant. There are some though, saying that selinux is
> preventing things from using potentially mislabeled files in the /tmp
> directory. I've done every combination of installation configurations
> and relabelings that I can think of.
>
> I don't know exactly what error messages are relevant, so I put dmesg
> output and the messages file (only containing one boot-up) on a
> website -- http://www.hostingsimplicity.net/ I made condensed
> versions of the dmesg and messages output, but put the full ones there
> to. Also, there is all the output from running sealert on the items
> listed in messages.
>
> I hate to ask someone to look at this for me, but if it is a common
> problem that I haven't found in the archives, or if you think you can
> help, please do...
>
> Sincerely,
>
> dylan
Stephen Smalley