-   -   "semanage dontaudit off" or "semodule -DB" (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-selinux-support/580725-semanage-dontaudit-off-semodule-db.html)

"Göran Uddeborg" 09-27-2011 03:46 PM

"semanage dontaudit off" or "semodule -DB"

When trying analyze things that don't work as expected, I sometimes
need to disable the dontaudit rules from the policy. There seems to
be (at least) two ways to do that:

semanage dontaudit off

and

semodule -DB

Is there some difference in the effect of these two commands? Or is
it just two ways to do the same thing?

Dominick Grift 09-27-2011 05:17 PM

On Tue, 2011-09-27 at 17:46 +0200, Göran Uddeborg wrote:
> When trying analyze things that don't work as expected, I sometimes
> need to disable the dontaudit rules from the policy. There seems to
> be (at least) two ways to do that:
>
> semanage dontaudit off
>
> and
>
> semodule -DB
>
> Is there some difference in the effect of these two commands? Or is
> it just two ways to do the same thing?

probably the same thing.

Daniel J Walsh 09-27-2011 05:44 PM

"semanage dontaudit off" or "semodule -DB"

"Göran Uddeborg" 09-27-2011 08:31 PM

"semanage dontaudit off" or "semodule -DB"

Daniel J Walsh:
> Should be the same.

I see. Thanks!