Old 09-26-2011, 11:26 PM
Robin Lee Powell

Default setroubleshootd CPU usage

http://teddyb.org/~rlpowell/media/public/setroubleshoot.strace.txt
is the trace for setroubleshootd dealing with what seems to me to be
a fairly simple AVC. What's interesting is that it's using 100% of
the CPU doing that. Which is a problem since the message is being
generated once a second or so, and taking 20+ seconds of 100% CPU to
process.

Just thought y'all might want to look in to that.

-Robin

Old 09-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Old 10-03-2011, 11:16 PM
Robin Lee Powell

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 08:51:51AM -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:

> On 09/26/2011 07:26 PM, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> >
> > http://teddyb.org/~rlpowell/media/public/setroubleshoot.strace.txt
> > is the trace for setroubleshootd dealing with what seems to me
> > to be a fairly simple AVC. What's interesting is that it's
> > using 100% of the CPU doing that. Which is a problem since the
> > message is being generated once a second or so, and taking 20+
> > seconds of 100% CPU to process.
> >
> > Just thought y'all might want to look in to that.
>
> Not sure what you are proposing?

I wasn't proposing anything; it just seemed really exceptional.
When *all* of my CPU is going to one program, I kind of take notice.

> Do you see one particular plugin that is taking to much CPU?

I don't have any idea how I would tell.

-Robin

Old 10-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Daniel J Walsh