Old 11-26-2007, 04:46 PM
"Clarkson, Mike R (US SSA)"

Default mls file level

When a process creates a file, by default the file has the same mls
level as the process. Is there a policy rule that can change the default
behavior? I'm looking for something similar to the range_transition rule
except that I want it to work for file level.

Thanks

Old 11-26-2007, 04:59 PM
Stephen Smalley

On Mon, 2007-11-26 at 09:46 -0800, Clarkson, Mike R (US SSA) wrote:
> When a process creates a file, by default the file has the same mls
> level as the process. Is there a policy rule that can change the default
> behavior? I'm looking for something similar to the range_transition rule
> except that I want it to work for file level.

If your checkpolicy and kernel support policy version 21, then you can
define range_transition statements with class specifiers, ala:
range_transition <source types> <target types : <target classes> <new
range>;

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency