Old 06-28-2011, 05:54 PM

Default a context question

I have a system that's creates a lot of temp files via http & perl CGI
scripts. What is the correct context for the temp files?

mark

Old 06-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Marcos Ortiz

Well, you can see the file context for /tmp with
ls -Z /tmp
For examply, in one of my servers:
# ls -Z /tmp/
-rw-r--r-- postgres postgres system_ubject_r:file_t pgpool_status
drwxrwxrwt root root system_ubject_r:initrc_tmp_t VMwareDnD
drwx------ root root system_ubject_r:initrc_tmp_t vmware-root

Remember that Apache by default doesn´t allow the CGI excecution, For
this, you can enable it with:
setsebool http_enable_cgi=on

El 6/28/2011 1:54 PM, m.roth@5-cent.us escribió:
> I have a system that's creates a lot of temp files via http& perl CGI
> scripts. What is the correct context for the temp files?
>
> mark

Marcos Luís Ortíz Valmaseda
Software Engineer (UCI)
http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com
http://twitter.com/marcosluis2186

Old 06-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Dominick Grift

On Tue, 2011-06-28 at 13:54 -0400, m.roth@5-cent.us wrote:
> I have a system that's creates a lot of temp files via http & perl CGI
> scripts. What is the correct context for the temp files?

Why are you asking? Are you seeing any avc denials?

I think i have an idea of your issue but not sure. Can you be a bit more
specific about the issues you are faced with?