Old 02-04-2008, 04:52 PM
Andreas Thienemann

Default Exporting selinux labels via network file systems

Hey,

is there any way of exporting selinux labels via nfs or any other network
file systems?

I've found some statements on the NSA selinux page indicating that NFS4
might be able to do this, but does current fedora and rhel support this?

I know about the workaround of setting a general filecontext through the
context mount option, but I'm looking at something a bit more
fine-grained.

regards,
andreas

Old 02-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Stephen Smalley

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 18:52 +0100, Andreas Thienemann wrote:
> Hey,
>
> is there any way of exporting selinux labels via nfs or any other network
> file systems?
>
> I've found some statements on the NSA selinux page indicating that NFS4
> might be able to do this, but does current fedora and rhel support this?
>
> I know about the workaround of setting a general filecontext through the
> context mount option, but I'm looking at something a bit more
> fine-grained.

There is ongoing work to provide such support, but it isn't complete
yet.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency