Old 01-18-2008, 11:49 AM
Tony Molloy

Default Relabeling User home directories

Hi,

First of all this is a SElinux question on a CentOS File server rather than
Fedora but I don't think that should make any difference. The clients are
Fedora.

For historical reasons we mount our user home directories under /users instead
of /home. During a recent installation of CentOS-5 the user home directories
appear to have been relabeled. Many now seem to have the type default_t

drwx------ 8237 csim rootbject_r:default_t x0667617

If I unmount the users directories and mount them under /home can I use
restorecon -v /home to restore the correct file contexts as I understand that
SElinux understands /home is for user directories. Also if I can do that will
the command understand public_html directories have to be labelled so that
apache can access them.

Thanks

Tony

Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM