Old 05-29-2010, 03:07 PM
irfan irfan

Default selinux and kickstart

Somebody can help me, how to install xguest with kickstart file. in the log file semanage can`t run in kickstart process. Is selinux disable on kickstart process ?
Thanks before

Old 05-29-2010, 08:54 PM
Dominick Grift

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 11:07:21PM +0800, irfan irfan wrote:
> Somebody can help me, how to install xguest with kickstart file. in the log file semanage can`t run in kickstart process. Is selinux disable on kickstart process ?
> Thanks before

I am not sure but can you not just "useradd -Z xguest_u liveuser" and "yum install xguest"?

Old 05-30-2010, 07:08 AM
irfan irfan

xguest still cannot install in kickstart process with error like this
Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package xguest-1.0.8-3.fc12.noarch
error:%pre(xguest-1.0.8-3.fc12.noarch) scriptlet failed,exit status 1

Old 05-30-2010, 12:33 PM
Dominick Grift

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 03:08:02PM +0800, irfan irfan wrote:
> xguest still cannot install in kickstart process with error like this
> Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package xguest-1.0.8-3.fc12.noarch
> error:%pre(xguest-1.0.8-3.fc12.noarch) scriptlet failed,exit status 1

I guess you also need to install policycoreutils-python

Old 05-30-2010, 08:46 PM
Xavier Toth

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 2:08 AM, irfan irfan <irfan_area47@yahoo.co.id> wrote:
> xguest still cannot install in kickstart process with error like this
> Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package xguest-1.0.8-3.fc12.noarch
> error:%pre(xguest-1.0.8-3.fc12.noarch) scriptlet failed,exit status 1
>

> ________________________________

I think the issue is that SELinux is install but isn't really running
yet. We have packages that install policy and do semanage stuff and we
install them in a %post (without the --nochroot) after a reboot.

Ted

Old 06-01-2010, 12:19 PM
"Moray Henderson (ICT)"

Xavier Toth wrote:
>Sent: 30 May 2010 21:46
>To: irfan irfan
>Cc: selinux@lists.fedoraproject.org
>Subject: Re: selinux and kickstart
>
>On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 2:08 AM, irfan irfan <irfan_area47@yahoo.co.id>
>wrote:
>> xguest still cannot install in kickstart process with error like this
>> Error in PREIN scriptlet in rpm package xguest-1.0.8-3.fc12.noarch
>> error:%pre(xguest-1.0.8-3.fc12.noarch) scriptlet failed,exit status 1
>>

>> ________________________________

SELinux is installed and running during kickstart - but it is not the
_same_ SELinux that appears on your live system. If a particular policy
module is required to install a package, that policy module must be
present in the anaconda boot image to make it available during
kickstart. You may have to start fiddling with anaconda's buildinstall
scripts, or Fedora's pungi tool, to get the policy module you need
running during kickstart.

Moray.
"To err is human.* To purr, feline"

Old 06-01-2010, 01:16 PM