Old 04-15-2010, 04:49 AM
Paul Ward

Default snmp Permission denied on mounted filesystems

Hi all,

I am sure this comes up a lot but have spent hours trying to find th
eanswers with no success apart from disabling selinux which I don't
want to do.

Apr 15 16:48:26 sargas snmpd[23987]: /home/appl: Permission denied

The following filesystems are mounted with same issue.

/dev/sda7 3.9G 427M 3.3G 12% /home/appl
/dev/sda6 4.0G 2.7G 1.2G 71% /home/users
/dev/sda8 3.9G 2.5G 1.2G 68% /home/work

ls -ldZ /home/appl/
drwxr-xr-x root root /home/appl/

/usr/sbin/sestatus
SELinux status: enabled
SELinuxfs mount: /selinux
Current mode: enforcing

What do I need to do to fix this chcon? If so what is the full comman
/ context to enter?

Thanks