Old 03-22-2010, 06:12 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Default On what schedule is selinux-policy updated?

On 03/22/2010 01:52 PM, Scott Salley wrote:
> I'm excitedly awaiting a set of patches I submitted to the selinux reference policy to be picked up by Fedora. I've noticed that the selinux-policy* has frequent updates available and expect to see these updates soon (fingers crossed).
>
> Is there a published schedule for pushing out new selinux-policy* rpms and picking up changes from the reference policy?

We like to update once per week or less.

Your policy is in F13 and this is the same policy that is going into RHEL6.

I do not usually add new confinement to older versions of Fedora. But
if you want I can ask Miroslav to back port it.

Old 03-22-2010, 06:16 PM
"Scott Salley"

> On 03/22/2010 01:52 PM, Scott Salley wrote:
> > I'm excitedly awaiting a set of patches I submitted to the selinux
> reference policy to be picked up by Fedora. I've noticed that the
> selinux-policy* has frequent updates available and expect to see these
> updates soon (fingers crossed).
> >
> > Is there a published schedule for pushing out new selinux-policy*
> rpms and picking up changes from the reference policy?
> > --
> >
> We like to update once per week or less.
>
> Your policy is in F13 and this is the same policy that is going into
> RHEL6.
>
> I do not usually add new confinement to older versions of Fedora. But
> if you want I can ask Miroslav to back port it.

I would like to see it back ported to F12. Does adding new confinement to older versions cause problems?

Old 03-22-2010, 06:23 PM
Daniel J Walsh

On 03/22/2010 03:16 PM, Scott Salley wrote:
>> On 03/22/2010 01:52 PM, Scott Salley wrote:
>>
>>> I'm excitedly awaiting a set of patches I submitted to the selinux
>>>
>> reference policy to be picked up by Fedora. I've noticed that the
>> selinux-policy* has frequent updates available and expect to see these
>> updates soon (fingers crossed).
>>
>>> Is there a published schedule for pushing out new selinux-policy*
>>>
>> rpms and picking up changes from the reference policy?
>>
>>> --
>>>

>> We like to update once per week or less.
>>
>> Your policy is in F13 and this is the same policy that is going into
>> RHEL6.
>>
>> I do not usually add new confinement to older versions of Fedora. But
>> if you want I can ask Miroslav to back port it.
>>
> I would like to see it back ported to F12. Does adding new confinement to older versions cause problems?

Well if the policy has bugs yes. If a program goes from running
unconfined to confined and there are bugs in the confined policy, It
would be considered a regression.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:21 PM
Miroslav Grepl

On 03/22/2010 08:16 PM, Scott Salley wrote:
>> On 03/22/2010 01:52 PM, Scott Salley wrote:
>>
>>> I'm excitedly awaiting a set of patches I submitted to the selinux
>>>
>> reference policy to be picked up by Fedora. I've noticed that the
>> selinux-policy* has frequent updates available and expect to see these
>> updates soon (fingers crossed).
>>
>>> Is there a published schedule for pushing out new selinux-policy*
>>>
>> rpms and picking up changes from the reference policy?
>>
>>> --
>>>

>> We like to update once per week or less.
>>
>> Your policy is in F13 and this is the same policy that is going into
>> RHEL6.
>>
>> I do not usually add new confinement to older versions of Fedora. But
>> if you want I can ask Miroslav to back port it.
>>
> I would like to see it back ported to F12. Does adding new confinement to older versions cause problems?

I have added likewise policy to selinux-policy-3.6.32-106.fc12.

Regards,
Miroslav