Old 03-21-2010, 08:18 PM
Dominick Grift

Default selinux-policy.spec: Buildrequires missing make and gcc.

I tried to build a RPM package using Fedoras spec file on a minimal fedora system and it blew up on cc.
So i looked into the spec file that is supplies by tresys in refpolicy and found that it has buildrequires for make and gcc.
Fedora spec does not include those build requires.

Old 03-21-2010, 08:23 PM
Chuck Anderson

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:18:20PM +0100, Dominick Grift wrote:
> I tried to build a RPM package using Fedoras spec file on a minimal fedora system and it blew up on cc.
> So i looked into the spec file that is supplies by tresys in refpolicy and found that it has buildrequires for make and gcc.
> Fedora spec does not include those build requires.

Not required by Fedora:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingGuidelines#Exceptions_2

Old 03-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Dominick Grift

On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 05:23:28PM -0400, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2010 at 10:18:20PM +0100, Dominick Grift wrote:
> > I tried to build a RPM package using Fedoras spec file on a minimal fedora system and it blew up on cc.
> > So i looked into the spec file that is supplies by tresys in refpolicy and found that it has buildrequires for make and gcc.
> > Fedora spec does not include those build requires.
>
> Not required by Fedora:
well in that case fedora selinux-policy.spec should remove its gawk and bzip2 buildrequires since they are also in that list. Anyways i decided to just add the build requires (gcc and make) because i did stumble upon the issue and i do not see what harm it does to include them.

Old 03-21-2010, 09:08 PM
"Jason L Tibbitts III"

DG> well in that case fedora selinux-policy.spec should remove its gawk
DG> and bzip2 buildrequires since they are also in that list.

The phrase "is not required" does not have the same meaning as "is
prohibited".

- J<