Old 02-24-2010, 08:19 PM

Default dmesg and genfs_contexts

Folks,

I've just become aware that all our machines seem to be getting a ton
of lines in dmesg:
SELinux: initialized (dev 0:1d, type nfs), uses genfs_contexts

Running current CentOS 5.4. I've googled, and don't find anything
that's current that seems to resolve or explain this.

Clues for the poor?

mark

Old 02-24-2010, 08:52 PM
Daniel J Walsh

> Folks,
>
> I've just become aware that all our machines seem to be getting a ton
> of lines in dmesg:
> SELinux: initialized (dev 0:1d, type nfs), uses genfs_contexts
>
> Running current CentOS 5.4. I've googled, and don't find anything
> that's current that seems to resolve or explain this.
>
> Clues for the poor?
>
> mark

This just tells you that selinux is using a default context for that device.

dmesg | grep genfs
SELinux: initialized (dev proc, type proc), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev proc, type proc), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev proc, type proc), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev proc, type proc), uses genfs_contexts
SELinux: initialized (dev fuse, type fuse), uses genfs_contexts

This is what my Fedora 13 box shows.

Those are standard messages.