-   -   Combining modules? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-selinux-support/292338-combining-modules.html)

John Oliver 12-08-2009 05:41 PM

Combining modules?

I don't know if there's a better way to do this, but I'm trying to get
nagios working with selinux (CentOS 5.4 Final) I try to run it, get an
error, create a policy module, install it, and return to step one. It's
getting pretty ridiculous:

[joliver@mda-services4 ~]$ sudo /usr/sbin/semodule -l | grep nagios
nagios 1.1.0
nagios10 1.0
nagios2 1.0
nagios3 1.0
nagios4 1.0
nagios5 1.0
nagios6 1.0
nagios7 1.0
nagios8 1.0
nagios9 1.0

When I finally discover all of the problems... is there a way to dump
all of those modules into one? Both for my sanity, and so that I can
maybe submit that module to CentOS so the next poor SOB who tries to do
this doesn't have to reinvent the wheel?

Or is there another, better, way to find all of the various rules that
are needed in one fell swoop?

Joshua Roys 12-08-2009 05:46 PM

Combining modules?

[...]

Instead of making a new file, you can just edit the old files, bump the
version, and instead of semodule -i, use semodule -u (update).