Old 12-05-2009, 08:07 AM
"Frank Murphy (Frankly3D)"

Default Selinux > Hipl

http://infrahip.hiit.fi/index.php?index=download

Would it be possible to install hipl-all,
and get a it to work with selinux enabled.

Asking in advance, or should I just try it first,
then look for help?

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

On 12/05/2009 11:07 AM, Frank Murphy (Frankly3D) wrote:

http://infrahip.hiit.fi/index.php?index=download

Would it be possible to install hipl-all,
and get a it to work with selinux enabled.

Asking in advance, or should I just try it first,
then look for help?

Those instructions are purely idiotic. Just install it, go to permissive
mode and create a policy based on the AVCs that get logged.
Note that installing the rpm packages should never trigger any selinux
denials.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:36 AM
"Frank Murphy (Frankly3D)"

Would it be possible to install hipl-all,
and get a it to work with selinux enabled.

Asking in advance, or should I just try it first,
then look for help?

Those instructions are purely idiotic.

Just install it, go to permissive

mode and create a policy based on the AVCs that get logged.

Cool, thanks.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

Would it be possible to install hipl-all,
and get a it to work with selinux enabled.

Asking in advance, or should I just try it first,
then look for help?

Those instructions are purely idiotic. Just install it, go to
permissive mode and create a policy based on the AVCs that get logged.
Note that installing the rpm packages should never trigger any selinux
denials.
And once we (that is you ) have a correct policy, it would be polite
to send it to them and ask them to fix the instructions. And eventually
post the policy on their website (because we can include it in fedora,
but for sure RHEL and, by matter of consequence Centos will not . At
least not in a foreseeable future.)

Old 12-05-2009, 09:00 AM
"Justin P. Mattock"