Old 01-03-2008, 10:55 PM
"Tom London"

Default What severity would this SELinux denial have for the latest kernel?

On Jan 3, 2008 3:37 PM, Antonio Olivares <olivares14031@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Jim Cornette <fct-cornette@insight.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I updated the kernel after installing the latest
> > mkinitrd package and
> > some errors were reported when pup finished. I also
> > got the attsched
> > SELinux error.
> > The other SELinux error with xdm_var_lib_t was
> > already mentioned in an
> > earlier post.
> >
> > Jim

This has been reported and is being worked on (per posting on selinux list).

There is a simple workaround that 'works for me': remove the
improperly installed kernel package (via 'rpm -e' or 'yum remove'),
change to permissive mode, and redo the install of the kernel package
(via 'rpm -ivh' or 'yum update'). You can then change back to
enforcing mode.

This will not prevent the AVC, but the kernel installs properly and boots.

I suspect we will see this fixed in a real short time.

tom
--
Tom London