-   -   Is SELinux support as a kernel module possible ?? (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-selinux-support/26446-selinux-support-kernel-module-possible.html)

"Leo Prasath" 01-01-2008 10:30 PM

Is SELinux support as a kernel module possible ??

Hi guys,

I have a need to install SELinux on a sytem running with a kernel without SELinux built into it. However, I cannot reinstall a custom kernel with the SELinux built into it.

So, I am looking at building a kernel module for SELinux and load it. I tried compiling the kernel with config option CONFIG_SECURITY_SELINUX=m and i got this error:

.config:984:warning: symbol value 'm' invalid for SECURITY_SELINUX

Is it possible to load SELinux as a kernel module ? Has anyone tried this ?

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,
Leo.

Eric Paris 01-02-2008 01:36 AM

Is SELinux support as a kernel module possible ??

No, it is not possible. Sorry. There is no work to make it possible
nor will there be. There is actually work going on to remove most of
the modular (but unusable/broken) infrastructure in LSM code.

-Eric