Old 02-17-2009, 01:23 PM
Jeroen van Meeuwen

Default rebranding

A new patch for the rebranding use-case:

Use the product string ($PRODUCTSTR in buildinstall) to determine which
-logos and -release package to use in upd-instroot.

Please note:

Caveat #1: If the brand package doesn't exist, buildinstall will fail

Caveat #2: If the brand package has uppercase characters in it's name,
it needs to provide ${brand}-{release,logos} in lowercase or
yum thinks the package doesn't exist and buildinstall will
fail

An additional patch may be necessary to:

1) check for ${brand}-{release,logos}
2) if those do not exist, fall back by setting the brand to "generic"

This will need to happen *after* the YUM configuration file has been
written, but before upd-instroot is executed.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip

Old 02-17-2009, 01:53 PM
Jeremy Katz

On Tuesday, February 17 2009, Jeroen van Meeuwen said:
> A new patch for the rebranding use-case:

Looks good, applied. Thanks for perservering through my pickiness on
this one

Jeremy

Old 04-01-2010, 01:15 PM
"Fabian A. Scherschel"

http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/2010/04/magenta-is-new-blue-rebranding-fedora.html

Well done, Nicu! Nice treatment! I love the logos... And I actually
think the "King of Linux" slogan is amazing. Might be better than the
original Fedora one...

Fab

# Fabian A. Scherschel
# Podcaster, Blogger, Fedora Contributor
# https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FabianScherschel