Old 02-18-2009, 08:57 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

Default oddity with postfix delivering to homedir

Paul Howarth wrote:

This looks like standard delivery to maildir operation, with the
addition of having the mailboxes in virtual user home directories
under /home that are auto-created when necessary.

Given that there are no other users on the system, I wonder if
everything would work smoothly if you made /home and everything
underneath it mail_spool_t ?

Paul.

And 99 points go to Paul for finding the correct answer. One more point
if you tell me how to make the change permanent, so a full relabel won't
bring it back to home_dir_t

Old 02-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Paul Howarth

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

This looks like standard delivery to maildir operation, with the
addition of having the mailboxes in virtual user home directories
under /home that are auto-created when necessary.

Given that there are no other users on the system, I wonder if
everything would work smoothly if you made /home and everything
underneath it mail_spool_t ?

Paul.

And 99 points go to Paul for finding the correct answer. One more point
if you tell me how to make the change permanent, so a full relabel won't
bring it back to home_dir_t

You could try:

# semanage fcontext -a -t mail_spool_t '/home(/.*)?'

but it's possible that genhomedircon would override that - I'm not sure.
Try it and see what happens if you do a restorecon somewhere under /home.

Paul.

Old 02-18-2009, 09:15 AM
Manuel Wolfshant

Paul Howarth wrote:

Manuel Wolfshant wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

This looks like standard delivery to maildir operation, with the
addition of having the mailboxes in virtual user home directories
under /home that are auto-created when necessary.

Given that there are no other users on the system, I wonder if
everything would work smoothly if you made /home and everything
underneath it mail_spool_t ?

Paul.

And 99 points go to Paul for finding the correct answer. One more
point if you tell me how to make the change permanent, so a full
relabel won't bring it back to home_dir_t

You could try:

# semanage fcontext -a -t mail_spool_t '/home(/.*)?'

but it's possible that genhomedircon would override that - I'm not
sure. Try it and see what happens if you do a restorecon somewhere
under /home.

Paul.

That was it. Thank you a lot