Old 02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Steven Stromer

Default SELinux blocking Samba share mounting?

Hi,

I'm starting to migrate a few Fedora boxes over to the latest version of CentOS 5 running the latest version of samba:

[~]# smbstatus
Samba version 3.0.28-1.el5_2.1

However, I am having a hard time getting SELinux to permit the mounting of shares on the first CentOS box. Disabling SELinux permits the shares to mount without problem:

[~]# setenforce 1
[~]# mount -t cifs //192.168.10.3/PHFiles /mnt/samba -o username=****,password=****,rw
retrying with upper case share name
mount error 6 = No such device or address
[~]# setenforce 0
[~]# mount -t cifs //192.168.10.3/PHFiles /mnt/samba -o username=****,password=****,rw
[~]# ls -la /mnt/samba/
total 8
d---rws---+ 6 samba ******samba *********0 Feb 10 11:17 .
drwxr-xr-x *3 root *******root *******4096 Feb 12 11:13 ..
d---rws---+ 2 technology *technology ****0 Feb 10 11:14 Computing
d---rws---+ 2 development development ***0 Feb 10 11:17 Development
d---rws---+ 2 root *******public ********0 Feb 10 11:16 Marketing & Design
d---rws---+ 2 root *******public ********0 Feb 10 11:14 Public Computing
[~]# umount /mnt/samba/
[~]# setenforce 1

Installed policy version is:
selinux-policy.noarch *************2.4.6-137.1.el5 ******
selinux-policy-targeted.noarch ****2.4.6-137.1.el5

The two shared directories are:

[~]# ls -laZ /home/server1/PHFiles/
d---rws---+ samba ******samba ******system_ubject_r:samba_share_t *.
drwxr-xr-x *root *******root *******rootbject_r:user_home_dir_t ***..
d---rws---+ technology *technology *rootbject_r:samba_share_t *****Computing
d---rws---+ development development rootbject_r:samba_share_t *****Development
d---rws---+ root *******public *****rootbject_r:samba_share_t *****Marketing & Design
d---rws---+ root *******public *****rootbject_r:samba_share_t *****Public Computing

and

[~]# ls -laZ /var/www/html
d---rwsr-x+ development development system_ubject_rublic_content_rw_t .
drwxr-xr-x *root *******root *******system_ubject_r:httpd_sys_content_t ..
----rwxr-x+ development development rootbject_rublic_content_rw_t .DS_Store
d---rwsr-x+ development development rootbject_rublic_content_rw_t private
d---rwsr-x+ development development rootbject_rublic_content_rw_t public

(I am aware that my permissions seem a bit untraditional. I am running an experiment with extended ACL configuration on samba shares. However, I do not believe this to have any bearing on my present problems, as I have numerous other production servers running with these permissions under SELinux, and, again, turning SELinux off resolves my problems instantly.)

The following has been executed with no apparent effect:
setsebool -P allow_smbd_anon_write=1

The following have been executed with no apparent effect (so these have been turned back off):
setsebool -P smbd_disable_trans=1
setsebool -P nmbd_disable_trans=1

I've added the new contexts to file_contexts, and executed 'restorecon -R' to the two shared directories:
/home/server1/PHFiles(/.*)? -- system_ubject_r:samba_share_t
/var/www/html(/.*)? -- system_ubject_rublic_content_rw_t

setroubleshoot-server is installed, but no AVC denials are reported to /var/log/messages. Instead, when SELinux is enforcing, I get the error:
smbd[11852]: **'/home/server1/PHFiles' does not exist or permission denied when connecting to [PHFiles] Error was Permission denied

And, finally, I've rebooted. All to no avail. Any assistance would be much appreciated!