Old 12-14-2007, 02:07 PM
Mark Knoop

Default Python httpd permission denied

I am running a python script as Apache CGI in
~/www/sitename/python/index.py. All was working fine in F7 and F8 until
selinux-policy-3.0.8-58 arrived in updates. I've only now had time to
look at this and am not sure what the problem might be.

Apache error log reads:
[error] [client 127.0.0.1] python: can't open file
'/home/user/www/sitename/python/index.py': [Errno 13] Permission denied

/var/log/messages:
setroubleshoot: #012 SELinux is preventing the python from using
potentially mislabeled files <Unknown> (user_home_dir_t).#012 For
complete SELinux messages. run sealert -l
3506ffc2-aeb9-493c-b2f1-f579479c7ed5

The script is labelled user_ubject_r:httpd_sys_content_t, I've also
tried httpd_sys_script_exec_t but get the same error.

Labelling as httpd_unconfined_script_exec_t DOES work, as do other
(non-CGI) pages. There don't seem to be any changes in the changelogs
for -57 and -58 which would affect this... any ideas?

* Fri Nov 16 2007 Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com> 3.0.8-58
- Allow nmbd to list inotifyfs_t
- Dontaudit consolekit access to user homedir
- dontaudit nscd getserv and shmemserv
- Allow rsync_t dac overrides
- Allow xfs_t to listen to sockets

* Fri Nov 16 2007 Dan Walsh <dwalsh@redhat.com> 3.0.8-57