Version 1.3 of the SELinux Policy IDE (SLIDE) from Tresys Technology is
now available for download from the Tresys Open source website at
SLIDE is an Eclipse plug-in that integrates with the SELinux Reference
Policy to provide a development environment for building SELinux policy.
* A graphical user interface for policy development, including policy
syntax highlighting, context suggestions, and integrated compilation.
* Integration with SELinux Reference Policy, including quick lookup and
documentation for interfaces and macros.
* Wizards and easy to use templates to automate common tasks from
creating a new SELinux policy to adding an interface into an existing
* Integrated remote policy installation and audit log monitoring, to
facilitate policy testing.
* Integration with SETools to provide many analysis and auditing
* Seamless integration with the power of standard Eclipse.
Version 1.3 highlights:
* Graphical interface for editing user and rolemap files.
* Modified syntax coloring to include attributes, classes, permissions,
roles, type and users.
* Integration with SETools 3.3 to include some basic analysis features
including TE Rule searching and Domain Transition Analysis.
* Integration with audit2allow to provide quick and easy way to convert
one or more audit denials into call to interfaces or allow rules.
* New 'Open Module' dialog to quickly find and open any module based on
* Improved documentation on the open source web site.
* Updates to work with SETools version 3.3.
* Fixed problems with the Console output.
* Bugs fixed with undo/redo when toggling commenting on numerous lines
If you would like to contribute, currently the best help would be to
test and provide feedback on the SLIDE plugin and SLIDE Remote.
Tresys Technology, LLC
fedora-selinux-list mailing list