Old 10-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default SELinux troubleshooter

Hi,

It would be nice if I could just tell SELinux troubleshooter not to show
me alerts at all or filter out particular set of alerts so I don't get
repeated popups say when building a live cd or for known issues. It is
otherwise quite annoying at times and I have to kill it to get it to
shut up.

Rahul

Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM
John Dennis

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi,

It would be nice if I could just tell SELinux troubleshooter not to
show me alerts at all or filter out particular set of alerts so I
don't get repeated popups say when building a live cd or for known
issues. It is otherwise quite annoying at times and I have to kill it
to get it to shut up.
You can filter alerts. In the alert browser is a checkbox next to each
alert labelled "Quiet". If you check that you wont get notifications for
that alert.

--
John Dennis <jdennis@redhat.com>

Old 10-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Rahul Sundaram

John Dennis wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi,

It would be nice if I could just tell SELinux troubleshooter not to
show me alerts at all or filter out particular set of alerts so I
don't get repeated popups say when building a live cd or for known
issues. It is otherwise quite annoying at times and I have to kill it
to get it to shut up.
You can filter alerts. In the alert browser is a checkbox next to each
alert labelled "Quiet". If you check that you wont get notifications for
that alert.

That doesn't allow me to select more than one. This should be more
easier than checking them one by one.

Rahul

Old 03-04-2010, 04:41 PM
Fred Williams

First time posting to here, so forgive me any slight mistakes.
In the past, where I've been inexperienced with an SELinux setup, I kept telling the troubleshooter to ignore alerts, rather than doing something about them and having them bother me often. I thought that did something.

Well, now I've actually looked at a few of the reports and grown a bit more experienced, I now know that sometimes it offers suggestions which help, such as in the case of a workaround for the adobe flash plugin and such.

My problem is, I can't figure out how to get it to start showing all the ones I marked for it to ignore (and thus no longer show) so I can see what suggestions it had on each of them.
All I want really is to just get them to show up again, or even reset it so triggering them again would bring them up once more.

Short of a reinstall (Not until F13, please) is there any way of handling this?
Thanks.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:54 PM
Daniel J Walsh

On 03/04/2010 12:41 PM, Fred Williams wrote:
> First time posting to here, so forgive me any slight mistakes.
> In the past, where I've been inexperienced with an SELinux setup, I
> kept telling the troubleshooter to ignore alerts, rather than doing
> something about them and having them bother me often. I thought that
> did something.
> Well, now I've actually looked at a few of the reports and grown a bit
> more experienced, I now know that sometimes it offers suggestions
> which help, such as in the case of a workaround for the adobe flash
> plugin and such.
> My problem is, I can't figure out how to get it to start showing all
> the ones I marked for it to ignore (and thus no longer show) so I can
> see what suggestions it had on each of them.
> All I want really is to just get them to show up again, or even reset
> it so triggering them again would bring them up once more.
> Short of a reinstall (Not until F13, please) is there any way of
> handling this?
> Thanks.
vi ~/.setroubleshoot