Old 09-25-2008, 10:32 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Xfce Live CD and SELinux

Hi,

While building a live cd in a SELinux enabled system, I get this. Should
I still be building live images with SELinux in permissive mode?

"
Installing: selinux-policy-targeted ##################### [685/918]

SELinux: Could not downgrade policy file
/etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.23, searching for an older version.
SELinux: Could not open policy file <=
/etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.23: No such file or directory

/usr/sbin/load_policy: Can't load policy: No such file or directory
libsemanage.semanage_reload_policy: load_policy returned error code 2.
libsemanage.semanage_install_active: Could not copy
/etc/selinux/targeted/modules/active/policy.kern to
/etc/selinux/targeted/policy/policy.23. (No such file or directory).

semodule: Failed!
libsemanage.semanage_link_sandbox: Could not access sandbox base file
/etc/selinux/targeted/modules/tmp/base.pp. (No such file or directory).

/usr/sbin/semanage: Could not commit semanage transaction
/usr/sbin/semanage: Login mapping for __default__ is not defined

Installing: authconfig-gtk ##################### [686/918]

"

Rahul

Old 09-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Eric Paris

> Hi,
>
> While building a live cd in a SELinux enabled system, I get this. Should
> I still be building live images with SELinux in permissive mode?

I believe everything should be working as long as both the host and the
image are updated F9 or rawhide (ok at least libselinux and
livecd-creator needs to be updated, and I don't remember what else). F9
GA and earlier is known to have some problems. My guess is that you
have a rawhide/updated host and are building a GA image?

There might be an issue I didn't originally think about....

Hopefully early next week I'll have time to look at things and if you
give me a kickstart file I can help run down problems....

-Eric

Old 09-25-2008, 04:14 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Eric Paris wrote:

While building a live cd in a SELinux enabled system, I get this. Should
I still be building live images with SELinux in permissive mode?

I believe everything should be working as long as both the host and the
image are updated F9 or rawhide (ok at least libselinux and
livecd-creator needs to be updated, and I don't remember what else). F9
GA and earlier is known to have some problems. My guess is that you
have a rawhide/updated host and are building a GA image?

No. A rawhide image on a rawhide host.

Rahul