Old 09-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Murray McAllister

Default changing categories with "semanage translation -m"

Hi,

I added the following two translations using "semanage translation -a -T
[name] level":

s0:c1 NotSecret
s0:c1.c2 Secret

If I want to change the categories, say to have Secret as s0:c3, or only
so:c2, can I use semanage? I tried "semanage translation -m -T Secret
s0:c2":

/usr/sbin/semanage: s0:c2 not defined in translations

If I use "-a" instead of "-m", it adds another translation.

Is the recommended way of changing categories adding a new one, and then
'semanage login -m -r s0:xy user', for any users using the old range?

Cheers.

I am using:

* Fedora release 9 (Sulphur)
* kernel-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686
* kernel-headers-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i386

* policycoreutils-2.0.52-5.fc9.i386
* mcstrans-0.2.11-1.fc9.i386
* selinux-policy-targeted-3.3.1-84.fc9.noarch
* selinux-policy-3.3.1-84.fc9.noarch
* selinux-policy-devel-3.3.1-84.fc9.noarch
* libselinux-python-2.0.67-4.fc9.i386
* libselinux-2.0.67-4.fc9.i386

$ sestatus
SELinux status: enabled
SELinuxfs mount: /selinux
Current mode: enforcing
Mode from config file: enforcing
Policy version: 22
Policy from config file: targeted

Old 09-04-2008, 09:01 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Murray McAllister wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I added the following two translations using "semanage translation -a -T
> [name] level":
>
> s0:c1 NotSecret
> s0:c1.c2 Secret

> If I want to change the categories, say to have Secret as s0:c3, or only
> so:c2, can I use semanage? I tried "semanage translation -m -T Secret
> s0:c2":

The key is s0:c3 so you need to delete and add.