Old 08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Default system-config-selinux in rawhide

Hi,

For some reason, system-config-selinux is taking a really long time just
to open up in rawhide.

# rpm -qf /usr/bin/system-config-selinux

policycoreutils-gui-2.0.53-1.fc10.i386

Rahul

Old 08-07-2008, 04:24 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi,

For some reason, system-config-selinux is taking a really long time just
to open up in rawhide.

Seems to be working well for me?

I saw someone else complaining in the forum. So it's not just me. How do
i help you debug this issue?

Rahul

Old 08-07-2008, 04:44 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> For some reason, system-config-selinux is taking a really long time just
>>> to open up in rawhide.
>>>

>> Seems to be working well for me?
>>

> I saw someone else complaining in the forum. So it's not just me. How do
> i help you debug this issue?
>
> Rahul
How long is it taking to load?

Old 08-07-2008, 04:57 PM
Rahul Sundaram

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Daniel J Walsh wrote:

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Hi,

For some reason, system-config-selinux is taking a really long time just
to open up in rawhide.

Seems to be working well for me?

I saw someone else complaining in the forum. So it's not just me. How do
i help you debug this issue?

Rahul

How long is it taking to load?

The password dialog is immediate. The application itself takes more than
10 seconds. It used to be immediate in Fedora 9 IIRC.

Rahul

Old 08-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> I saw someone else complaining in the forum. So it's not just me. How do
>>> i help you debug this issue?
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>>
>> How long is it taking to load?
>>

> The password dialog is immediate. The application itself takes more than
> 10 seconds. It used to be immediate in Fedora 9 IIRC.
>
> Rahul

I am running it on both Fedora 9 and Rawhide and they both take around
10 seconds. I think this is caused by some of the loading of screens in
the background.

IE It is reading lots of data and executing commands like semodule -l,
getsebool -a. reading policy.