Old 07-27-2008, 08:58 AM
Mike

Default SELinux from disabled to enforcing - is it possible?

Having got one machine running with SELinux enabled very recently I decided to
try to turn SELinux back on for a machine on which I had installed F9 a few
weeks ago and set SELinux to disabled.

That was a definite no-no - it would not boot once I set SELinux back to
enforcing unless I added "selinux=0" to the kernel line for boot.

I resorted to re-installing F9 and it works fone now with SELinux enabled.

However I now wonder if it was in fact possible to go from SELinux disabled
to enforcing or if this is something which is not possible?

If it is impossible then there perhaps ought to be a health warning asking
the user if they really want to switch to disabled - saying that reversing
the change is not going to work.

I thought I would ask here if the process is actually possible?

Old 07-27-2008, 10:11 AM
drago01

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 10:58 AM, Mike <mike.cloaked@gmail.com> wrote:
> Having got one machine running with SELinux enabled very recently I decided to
> try to turn SELinux back on for a machine on which I had installed F9 a few
> weeks ago and set SELinux to disabled.
>
> That was a definite no-no - it would not boot once I set SELinux back to
> enforcing unless I added "selinux=0" to the kernel line for boot.
>
> I resorted to re-installing F9 and it works fone now with SELinux enabled.
>
> However I now wonder if it was in fact possible to go from SELinux disabled
> to enforcing or if this is something which is not possible?
>
> If it is impossible then there perhaps ought to be a health warning asking
> the user if they really want to switch to disabled - saying that reversing
> the change is not going to work.
>
> I thought I would ask here if the process is actually possible?

do
touch /.autorelabel
boot with enforcing=0
after the relabling is done it should work.