Old 07-23-2008, 05:58 AM
Wart

Default custom policy guidelines

The proposed guidelines on the wiki recommend a %define macro to embed
the build-time selinux-policy version in the resulting -selinux
subpackage Requires:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SELinux/PolicyModules#Runtime_Dependencies

This has worked fine for me in F-8 and F-9, but when I try to build the
package (crossfire) in rawhide, mock now gives the error below. Is this
a temporary rawhide problem, or do the guidelines need to be updated?

--Wart

Executing command: ['bash', '--login', '-c', 'rpmbuild -bs --target i386
--nodeps builddir/build/SPECS/crossfire.spec']
/etc/profile: line 38: /bin/hostname: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /usr/share/selinux/devel/policyhelp: No such file or
directory
error:
syntax error in expression
error:
/builddir/build/SPECS/crossfire.spec:91: parseExpressionBoolean returns -1
Building target platforms: i386
Building for target i386
Child returncode was: 1
EXCEPTION: Command failed. See logs for output.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:23 AM
Wart

Wart wrote:
> The proposed guidelines on the wiki recommend a %define macro to embed
> the build-time selinux-policy version in the resulting -selinux
> subpackage Requires:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SELinux/PolicyModules#Runtime_Dependencies
>
> This has worked fine for me in F-8 and F-9, but when I try to build the
> package (crossfire) in rawhide, mock now gives the error below. Is this
> a temporary rawhide problem, or do the guidelines need to be updated?
>
> --Wart
>
> Executing command: ['bash', '--login', '-c', 'rpmbuild -bs --target i386
> --nodeps builddir/build/SPECS/crossfire.spec']
> /etc/profile: line 38: /bin/hostname: No such file or directory
> sed: can't read /usr/share/selinux/devel/policyhelp: No such file or
> directory
> error:
> syntax error in expression
> error:
> /builddir/build/SPECS/crossfire.spec:91: parseExpressionBoolean returns -1
> Building target platforms: i386
> Building for target i386
> Child returncode was: 1
> EXCEPTION: Command failed. See logs for output.

For what it's worth, I get the same failure when building in koji:

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=735236&name=build.log

--Wart

Old 07-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Paul Howarth

Wart wrote:

The proposed guidelines on the wiki recommend a %define macro to embed
the build-time selinux-policy version in the resulting -selinux
subpackage Requires:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SELinux/PolicyModules#Runtime_Dependencies

This has worked fine for me in F-8 and F-9, but when I try to build the
package (crossfire) in rawhide, mock now gives the error below. Is this
a temporary rawhide problem, or do the guidelines need to be updated?

I've updated the guidelines to something that works in both Rawhide and
older releases. It's still a horrible hack of course.

%global selinux_policyver %(%{__sed} -e
's,.*selinux-policy-([^/]*)/.*,1,'
/usr/share/selinux/devel/policyhelp || echo 0.0.0)

Requires: selinux-policy >= %{selinux_policyver}

There's no longer any need for the %if clause around the Requires: line.

Cheers, Paul.

Old 07-25-2008, 12:01 AM
Michael Thomas

Paul Howarth wrote:

Wart wrote:

The proposed guidelines on the wiki recommend a %define macro to embed
the build-time selinux-policy version in the resulting -selinux
subpackage Requires:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/SELinux/PolicyModules#Runtime_Dependencies

This has worked fine for me in F-8 and F-9, but when I try to build the
package (crossfire) in rawhide, mock now gives the error below. Is this
a temporary rawhide problem, or do the guidelines need to be updated?

I've updated the guidelines to something that works in both Rawhide and
older releases. It's still a horrible hack of course.

%global selinux_policyver %(%{__sed} -e
's,.*selinux-policy-([^/]*)/.*,1,'
/usr/share/selinux/devel/policyhelp || echo 0.0.0)

Requires: selinux-policy >= %{selinux_policyver}

There's no longer any need for the %if clause around the Requires: line.

That fixed the issue. Thanks!

--Wart