Old 07-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Default Fedora SELinux FAQ

Hi,

The SELinux FAQ has been not updated from Fedora Core 5. I copied over
and rewrote some of the common questions to

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FAQ

If anyone wants to help, just edit the wiki directly. We can publish
this in docs.fp.o if there is sufficient interest.

Rahul

Old 07-02-2008, 11:44 AM
Stephen Smalley

> Hi,
>
> The SELinux FAQ has been not updated from Fedora Core 5. I copied over
> and rewrote some of the common questions to
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FAQ
>
> If anyone wants to help, just edit the wiki directly. We can publish
> this in docs.fp.o if there is sufficient interest.

Thank you for reviving this FAQ!

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency

Old 07-02-2008, 11:51 AM
Stephen Smalley

On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 07:44 -0400, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-07-02 at 12:22 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The SELinux FAQ has been not updated from Fedora Core 5. I copied over
> > and rewrote some of the common questions to
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FAQ
> >
> > If anyone wants to help, just edit the wiki directly. We can publish
> > this in docs.fp.o if there is sufficient interest.
>
> Thank you for reviving this FAQ!

BTW, while a Fedora-specific FAQ may also be appropriate, it would be
nice if the more general portions of this FAQ could be taken to
selinuxproject.org and handled by the upstream selinux project.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency

Old 07-02-2008, 11:57 AM
Rahul Sundaram

Stephen Smalley wrote:

The SELinux FAQ has been not updated from Fedora Core 5. I copied over
and rewrote some of the common questions to

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FAQ

If anyone wants to help, just edit the wiki directly. We can publish
this in docs.fp.o if there is sufficient interest.

Thank you for reviving this FAQ!

BTW, while a Fedora-specific FAQ may also be appropriate, it would be
nice if the more general portions of this FAQ could be taken to
selinuxproject.org and handled by the upstream selinux project.

After I get some revisions out, I can certainly send the non-Fedora
specific portions upstream.

Rahul

Old 07-02-2008, 09:33 PM
Richard Hally

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

Stephen Smalley wrote:

The SELinux FAQ has been not updated from Fedora Core 5. I copied
over and rewrote some of the common questions to

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SELinux/FAQ

If anyone wants to help, just edit the wiki directly. We can publish
this in docs.fp.o if there is sufficient interest.

Thank you for reviving this FAQ!

BTW, while a Fedora-specific FAQ may also be appropriate, it would be
nice if the more general portions of this FAQ could be taken to
selinuxproject.org and handled by the upstream selinux project.

After I get some revisions out, I can certainly send the non-Fedora
specific portions upstream.

Rahul

speaking of documentation; here is a "how to" for SELinux that may need wider
dissemination (in case you missed the link on IRC.)

http://domg472.blogspot.com/2008/05/how-to-create-integrate-and-rebuild.html

Richard