Old 12-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Chuck Anderson

Default allow_daemons_dump_core doesn't work?

I've been having issues with BIND so I set up the named process to
dump core and enabled allow_daemons_dump_core. However, it would not
create any core file until I put SELinux into permissive mode. I also
didn't get any audit messages related to the failed core dump. Why is
that? The CWD of the process is /var/named which is where the core
dump got written after I put SELinux in permissive mode.

Old 12-03-2007, 03:26 PM
Daniel J Walsh