Old 06-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Dan Thurman

Default Problems with DNS logging {SOLVED]

On Tuesday 10 June 2008 08:00:25 am Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
> I discovered that my logging somewhat failed:
> 1) I tried to use the link provided to submit a buzilla and
> *** apparently it brought up bluefish and within asks for my
> *** account name and password, and I tried to save this file
> *** but in doing so it failed to backup the file, so I clicked "continue"
> *** and it froze up.* What am I doing wrong?
> 2) The specific selinux error is as follows:
> [snipped!]

I solved (2) above. Apparently restorecon incorrectly
set the named directory to the wrong context (named_conf_t)
so I had to manually set it to named_log_t.

As for (1) above, I would still like to know how to get
the bugzilla part working, but it is not a high priority
for me at this time.

Thanks-
Dan

Old 06-12-2008, 01:49 PM
Daniel J Walsh

Dan Thurman wrote:
> On Tuesday 10 June 2008 08:00:25 am Daniel B. Thurman wrote:
>> I discovered that my logging somewhat failed:
>> 1) I tried to use the link provided to submit a buzilla and
>> apparently it brought up bluefish and within asks for my
>> account name and password, and I tried to save this file
>> but in doing so it failed to backup the file, so I clicked "continue"
>> and it froze up. What am I doing wrong?
>> 2) The specific selinux error is as follows:
>> [snipped!]
>
> I solved (2) above. Apparently restorecon incorrectly
> set the named directory to the wrong context (named_conf_t)
> so I had to manually set it to named_log_t.
>
> As for (1) above, I would still like to know how to get
> the bugzilla part working, but it is not a high priority
> for me at this time.
>
> Thanks-
> Dan

What directory is named trying to write to?

If you are trying to have named update zone files, do you have

named_write_master_zones boolean turned on?

setsebool -P named_write_master_zones=1