Old 04-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Toshio Kuratomi

Default GCJ Clarification (was More Java guidelines questions)

Andrew Haley wrote:

Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

Andrew Haley wrote:

Amazing -- I never even imagined that such a thing as an annotation-only
package might exist! The guidelines are intended to allow reasonable
people to interpret them sensibly. In this case, AOT-compiling wouldn't
hurt but wouldn't be of much benefit, so I don't think it matters.

Andrew, if you could propose some wording changes to the Guidelines for
this it would be most appreciated.

OK.

"In some rare cases Java packages might not contain any executable code
whatsoever, so AOT-compiling for gcj would not be required. An example
of such a package would be one that contained only annotations."

This seems like a clarification rather than a change. If this breaks
anyone's expectations and they wants to vote on it speak now and we can
take this up at the FPC Meeting otherwise I'll just add it to the top of:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GCJGuidelines

-Toshio