-   -   package naming -- axis2 version 1.4 (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/704712-package-naming-axis2-version-1-4-a.html)

Andy Grimm 09-17-2012 03:02 PM

package naming -- axis2 version 1.4

Another bizarre package naming question from the java world:

Axis2 version 1.4 and version 1.6 seem to generate very different code
from WSDLs. During the Fedora 17 cycle, I packaged 1.6 simply because
it was latest, and I hoped that I could make it work for my needs. I
have not been able to, and so I'd like to contribute a version 1.4
package for compatibility. However, I have no idea how to go about
naming a package like this. The official upstream project is "Axis2",
and the normal scheme would be confusing ("axis214"). I could use
something like "axis2v14". Any thoughts or recommendations on this?

Thanks.

Andy