-   -   php/php53 application packaging (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/701041-php-php53-application-packaging.html)

indent man 09-06-2012 09:31 AM

php/php53 application packaging

Hello,
I'm packaging a PHP application under CentOS 5.It depends on some other php libraries, but should work with both php (5.1) and php53.But when I try to install the application RPM, yum mixes both php and php53 libraries.

What is the best way to prevent this ?
Cheers,

indent man 09-06-2012 09:44 AM

php/php53 application packaging

I mean, given the following packages:
my-appphp-foophp-barphp53-foophp53-bar
php-foo and php-bar depend on php-common.
php53-foo and php53-bar depend on php53-common.php-foo and php53-foo provide "php(foo)".php-bar and php53-bar provide "php(bar)".And my-app depends on "php(foo)" and "php(bar)".

When I yum install my-app, it tries to install both php53-foo and php-bar, resulting in a conflict between php-common and php53-common.
So, how can I ensure that all my dependencies are installed for the same PHP version ?
Is making two my-app-php and my-app-php53 packages the only solution ?

Michael Schwendt 09-06-2012 09:49 AM

On Thu, 6 Sep 2012 11:31:40 +0200, indent man wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm packaging a PHP application under CentOS 5.
> It depends on some other php libraries, but should work with both php (5.1)
> and php53.
> But when I try to install the application RPM, yum mixes both php and php53
> libraries.
>
> What is the best way to prevent this ?

Make the dependencies more specific.

Add dependencies on package names and/or specific versions. Use RPM to
examine the package's current "Requires" (both the automatically added
ones as well as manually added ones) and the PHP package's "Provides".

If multiple packages provide the same thing, Yum assumes that either one
can be used to resolve a dependency.

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.5.3-1.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.34 0.50 0.22