-   -   Lorax Help (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/691730-lorax-help.html)

Amit Saha 08-08-2012 04:19 AM

Lorax Help

Hi,

Ran into a bit of a issue with lorax for creating Boot ISO. This
command line works perfectly:

# lorax -p fedora -v 1 -r 17 -s
http://download.fedoraproject.org/pub/fedora/linux/releases/17/Everything/x86_64/os
/tmp/lorax_op1

Next, as part of a project, I am making using 'pylorax' and I am
creating a YumBase object and subsequently calling lorax.run() from
pylorax [1] . Now, currently this code creates a yum.conf like this:

[main]
tsflags = nodocs
reposdir =
keepcache = 0
cachedir = /tmp/lorax.P1PBiz/yum/yum.cache
plugins = 0
gpgcheck = 0

[lorax-repo]
enabled = 1
name = lorax repo
baseurl = http://download.fedoraproject.org/releases/17/Everything/x86_64/os

And the boot ISO creation fails with "lorax-repo: No more mirrors to
try" error. I am not quite able to understand what is going wrong
here in the latter case. Is it enough to just check the correctness of
the yum.conf, or is there somewhere else I might be going wrong?

[1] https://github.com/amitsaha/gsoc2012_fbs/blob/master/image_builder/bootiso.py

PS: To add to the confusion, the same code builds a Boot ISO perfectly
fine on one of my F17 installations, but fails on the others.

Thanks a lot for any insights.

-Amit

--
http://echorand.me

Martin Gracik 08-08-2012 07:11 AM

Lorax Help

Hi,

when I look at your code, it does not seem that the yum.conf you posted is created by that code

# add the main repository
section = "lorax-repo"
data = {"name": "lorax repo",
"#baseurl": repositories[0],
"mirrorlist": mirrors[0],
"enabled": 1}

I don't see how this would create a yum.conf like this

[lorax-repo]
enabled = 1
name = lorax repo
baseurl =
http://download.fedoraproject.org/releases/17/Everything/x86_64/os

The yum.conf looks like it was created by the /sbin/lorax code...

Before writing out the yumconf on line 123, you could print out the ConfigParser, to see if you get what you want.

Amit Saha 08-08-2012 07:30 AM

Lorax Help

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Martin Gracik <mgracik@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when I look at your code, it does not seem that the yum.conf you posted is created by that code
>
> # add the main repository
> section = "lorax-repo"
> data = {"name": "lorax repo",
> "#baseurl": repositories[0],
> "mirrorlist": mirrors[0],
> "enabled": 1}
>
> I don't see how this would create a yum.conf like this
>
> [lorax-repo]
> enabled = 1
> name = lorax repo
> baseurl =
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/releases/17/Everything/x86_64/os
>
> The yum.conf looks like it was created by the /sbin/lorax code...
>
> Before writing out the yumconf on line 123, you could print out the ConfigParser, to see if you get what you want.

Adding this immediately after writing:

with open(yumconf,'r') as f:
print f.read()

Prints:

[main]
tsflags = nodocs
reposdir =
keepcache = 0
cachedir = /tmp/lorax.TTFmmv/yum/yum.cache
plugins = 0
gpgcheck = 0

[lorax-repo]
enabled = 1
name = lorax repo
baseurl = http://download.fedoraproject.org/releases/17/Everything/i386/os

Does this look like the code is progressing alright?

Thanks,
Amit

http://echorand.me

Martin Gracik 08-08-2012 07:40 AM

Lorax Help

> > when I look at your code, it does not seem that the yum.conf you
> > posted is created by that code
> >
> > # add the main repository
> > section = "lorax-repo"
> > data = {"name": "lorax repo",
> > "#baseurl": repositories[0],
> > "mirrorlist": mirrors[0],
> > "enabled": 1}
> >
> > I don't see how this would create a yum.conf like this
> >
> > [lorax-repo]
> > enabled = 1
> > name = lorax repo
> > baseurl =
> > http://download.fedoraproject.org/releases/17/Everything/x86_64/os
> >
> > The yum.conf looks like it was created by the /sbin/lorax code...
> >
> > Before writing out the yumconf on line 123, you could print out the
> > ConfigParser, to see if you get what you want.
>
> Adding this immediately after writing:
>
> with open(yumconf,'r') as f:
> print f.read()
>

> Prints:
>
> [main]
> tsflags = nodocs
> reposdir =
> keepcache = 0
> cachedir = /tmp/lorax.TTFmmv/yum/yum.cache
> plugins = 0
> gpgcheck = 0
>
> [lorax-repo]
> enabled = 1
> name = lorax repo
> baseurl =
> http://download.fedoraproject.org/releases/17/Everything/i386/os
>
> Does this look like the code is progressing alright?
>
> Thanks,
> Amit

No. Are you really running it with your bootiso.py file? In your code you have:

"#baseurl": repositories[0],

it's commented out, so I don't see how it could end up with the yum.conf you're posting.

Also how are you running the code? What mirrors and repositories are you supplying to def get_yum_base_object(self, installroot, repositories, mirrors, proxy, tempdir="/tmp"):

Amit Saha 08-08-2012 07:45 AM

Lorax Help

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Martin Gracik <mgracik@redhat.com> wrote:

> [...]

Sorry, the code is a little out of date. The code I am using just
writes the 'baseurl' and not the mirror list.

> Also how are you running the code? What mirrors and repositories are you supplying to def get_yum_base_object(self, installroot, repositories, mirrors, proxy, tempdir="/tmp"):

Here it is:

Mirors: ['https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-17&arch=i386']
repositories: ['http://download.fedoraproject.org/releases/17/Everything/i386/os']

Thanks,
Amit

http://echorand.me

Martin Gracik 08-08-2012 07:52 AM

Lorax Help

> >> Adding this immediately after writing:
> >>
> >> with open(yumconf,'r') as f:
> >> print f.read()
> >>

> >> Prints:
> >>
> >> [main]
> >> tsflags = nodocs
> >> reposdir =
> >> keepcache = 0
> >> cachedir = /tmp/lorax.TTFmmv/yum/yum.cache
> >> plugins = 0
> >> gpgcheck = 0
> >>
> >> [lorax-repo]
> >> enabled = 1
> >> name = lorax repo
> >> baseurl =
> >> http://download.fedoraproject.org/releases/17/Everything/i386/os
> >>
> >> Does this look like the code is progressing alright?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Amit
> >
> > No. Are you really running it with your bootiso.py file? In your
> > code you have:
> >
> > "#baseurl": repositories[0],
> >
> > it's commented out, so I don't see how it could end up with the
> > yum.conf you're posting.
>
> Sorry, the code is a little out of date. The code I am using just
> writes the 'baseurl' and not the mirror list.
>

> > Also how are you running the code? What mirrors and repositories
> > are you supplying to def get_yum_base_object(self, installroot,
> > repositories, mirrors, proxy, tempdir="/tmp"):
>
> Here it is:
>
> Mirors:
> ['https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=fedora-17&arch=i386']
> repositories:
> ['http://download.fedoraproject.org/releases/17/Everything/i386/os']

so if you're not writing out mirrors, you have just the baseurl and check that link you have for repositories... it's not working, I get a blank page, hence no more mirrors to try...