Old 07-05-2012, 07:17 PM
Darryl Pierce

Default Using Cmake in a package...

I'm trying to convert our package (qpid-cpp) from using autotools to Cmake in our package. The project has supported both build environments as part of our transition, and we're ready to eliminate autotools entirely now.

However, when I build using the following:
%buildmkdir cmakepushd cmake%cmake ../cpp # using the %cmake macromake %{?_smp_mflags}
popd
the build consistently fails at the exact same point. But if I use:
%buildmkdir cmakepushd cmakecmake ../cpp
make %{?_smp_mflags}popd
then the build finishes correctly. Is there a decent, updated guide for building packages with Cmake?

Old 07-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Rex Dieter

Darryl Pierce wrote:

> I'm trying to convert our package (qpid-cpp) from using autotools to Cmake
> in our package. The project has supported both build environments as part
> of our transition, and we're ready to eliminate autotools entirely now.
>
> However, when I build using the following:
>
> %build
> mkdir cmake
> pushd cmake
> %cmake ../cpp # using the %cmake macro
> make %{?_smp_mflags}
> popd
>
> the build consistently fails at the exact same point. But if I use:

So, something defined in the default %cmake macro is inducing a build
failure. Can you post the details about it?

Otherwise, we have a general cmake guideline at:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Cmake

-- rex