Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Fedora Packaging (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/)
-   -   livemedia-creator help (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-packaging/670410-livemedia-creator-help.html)

Amit Saha 05-24-2012 08:16 AM

livemedia-creator help
 
Hello:

I am trying to use 'livemedia-creator' to build live images using the
command line:

# livemedia-creator --make-iso --ks fedora-livemedia.ks --iso /tmp/netinst.iso

Which ends with:

WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
/run/user/gene/keyring-60f8kj/pkcs11: No such file or directory
WARNING KVM acceleration not available, using 'qemu'

Starting install...
Retrieving file vmlinuz... | 8.8 MB 00:00 ...
Retrieving file initrd.img... | 46 MB 00:02 ...
Creating storage file diskdyhj81.img | 5.0 GB 00:00
ERROR internal error process exited while connecting to monitor:
char device redirected to /dev/pts/4
Could not allocate dynamic translator buffer

Domain installation does not appear to have been successful.
If it was, you can restart your domain by running:
virsh --connect qemu:///system start
LiveOS-27e73b13-3bfd-4e22-bb30-a67f272f063c
otherwise, please restart your installation.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/sbin/livemedia-creator", line 708, in <module>
virtio_port = log_monitor.port )
File "/usr/sbin/livemedia-creator", line 355, in __init__
raise Exception("Problem starting virtual install")


I am trying to do this in a VM, and i have tried to increase the RAM
by --ram 1200 (total RAM given to the VM is 1.7G), but it still
doesn't proceed.

Has anyone else succeeded using it in a VM or, should i go for bare metal?

Many thanks.
-Amit



--
http://echorand.me

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list

"Brian C. Lane" 05-24-2012 04:17 PM

livemedia-creator help
 
On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 06:16:51PM +1000, Amit Saha wrote:
> Hello:
>
> I am trying to use 'livemedia-creator' to build live images using the
> command line:
>
> # livemedia-creator --make-iso --ks fedora-livemedia.ks --iso /tmp/netinst.iso
>
> Which ends with:
>
> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
> /run/user/gene/keyring-60f8kj/pkcs11: No such file or directory
> WARNING KVM acceleration not available, using 'qemu'

Hey, I'm glad to see someone is giving it a try!

I have no idea if virt is supposed to work recursively, so either it
doesn't or you don't have it setup correctly.

You are also going to hit memory problems, the default setting is to
use 1G so with the overhead of the running OS and qemu you are going to
need more than 1.2G

The primary way to use lmc is on bare-metal with virt. If that isn't an
option then you can run it with --no-virt (as long as you have anaconda
installed on the host) and it will use anaconda's image install mode.

I DO NOT recommend doing this on a host that has data you care about. It
is possible that you could hit a bug and wipe the host. So if you want
to use --no-virt I would recommend doing that inside a F17 virt.

--
Brian C. Lane | Anaconda Team | IRC: bcl #anaconda | Port Orchard, WA (PST8PDT)
_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list

Amit Saha 05-26-2012 12:23 AM

livemedia-creator help
 
On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Brian C. Lane <bcl@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 06:16:51PM +1000, Amit Saha wrote:
>> Hello:
>>
>> I am trying to use 'livemedia-creator' to build live images using the
>> command line:
>>
>> # livemedia-creator --make-iso --ks fedora-livemedia.ks --iso /tmp/netinst.iso
>>
>> Which ends with:
>>
>> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
>> /run/user/gene/keyring-60f8kj/pkcs11: No such file or directory
>> WARNING *KVM acceleration not available, using 'qemu'
>
> Hey, I'm glad to see someone is giving it a try!
>
> I have no idea if virt is supposed to work recursively, so either it
> doesn't or you don't have it setup correctly.
>
> You are also going to hit memory problems, the default setting is to
> use 1G so with the overhead of the running OS and qemu you are going to
> need more than 1.2G

Thank you for your reply. I went ahead and tried this on bare metal.
It seemed to progress fine, but it ended with errors. I have pasted
the log here: https://gist.github.com/2791384

I have disabled SElinux. I hope there is something which can be fixed at my end.

Thanks a lot.
-Amit


--
http://echorand.me

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list

Amit Saha 05-26-2012 06:14 AM

livemedia-creator help
 
On Sat, May 26, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Amit Saha <amitksaha@fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 2:17 AM, Brian C. Lane <bcl@redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 06:16:51PM +1000, Amit Saha wrote:
>>> Hello:
>>>
>>> I am trying to use 'livemedia-creator' to build live images using the
>>> command line:
>>>
>>> # livemedia-creator --make-iso --ks fedora-livemedia.ks --iso /tmp/netinst.iso
>>>
>>> Which ends with:
>>>
>>> WARNING: gnome-keyring:: couldn't connect to:
>>> /run/user/gene/keyring-60f8kj/pkcs11: No such file or directory
>>> WARNING *KVM acceleration not available, using 'qemu'
>>
>> Hey, I'm glad to see someone is giving it a try!
>>
>> I have no idea if virt is supposed to work recursively, so either it
>> doesn't or you don't have it setup correctly.
>>
>> You are also going to hit memory problems, the default setting is to
>> use 1G so with the overhead of the running OS and qemu you are going to
>> need more than 1.2G
>
> Thank you for your reply. I went ahead and tried this on bare metal.
> It seemed to progress fine, but it ended with errors. I have pasted
> the log here: https://gist.github.com/2791384
>
> I have disabled SElinux. I hope there is something which can be fixed at my end.

I also keep getting errors such as a package missing/unable to open,
which I have to manually "Retry" which sometimes succeeded, but
finally on my another try just could not retrieve the package. [1] and
hence I had to abort the install.

Just FYI, I am attempting to build a i686 image and have modified the
url --url field in the KS file accordingly.


[1] https://twitter.com/echorand/status/206266537991081984/photo/1


Best,
Amit
--
http://echorand.me

_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list

"Vijay N. Majagaonkar" 05-26-2012 11:34 AM

livemedia-creator help
 
I also keep getting errors such as a package missing/unable to open,

which I have to manually "Retry" which sometimes succeeded, but

finally on my another try just could not retrieve the package. [1] and

hence I had to abort the install.



Just FYI, I am attempting to build a i686 image and have modified the

url --url field in the KS file accordingly.





[1] https://twitter.com/echorand/status/206266537991081984/photo/1



One possible case maybe your repodata is not generated correctly or missing, I would start debugging here, did you tried running yum in another console? something like yum info <pkgname>?


;)Vijay
_______________________________________________
Anaconda-devel-list mailing list
Anaconda-devel-list@redhat.com
https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/anaconda-devel-list


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:53 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.