Old 05-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Christopher Howard

Default detailed descriptions of the categories?

Is there a document somewhere that provides a description of each of the
rpm categories? I.e., describing what a software package must do in
order to qualify to be put in that category? I'm creating packages for
some of my software, but it seems like it could fit in three different
categories. (The categories names are quite vague anyway.)

--
frigidcode.com
indicium.us

Old 05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Wed, 23 May 2012 16:00:25 -0800, Christopher Howard wrote:

> Is there a document somewhere that provides a description of each of the
> rpm categories? I.e., describing what a software package must do in
> order to qualify to be put in that category? I'm creating packages for
> some of my software, but it seems like it could fit in three different
> categories. (The categories names are quite vague anyway.)

What "rpm categories" do you mean? I can only guess what that is.

Perhaps the "Group" tag? If so, some packages don't set it anymore. Others
use existing packages for inspiration.

Or perhaps you refer to the groups in the "comps.xml" file?
-> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:Comps_SIG

--
Fedora release 17 (Beefy Miracle) - Linux 3.3.6-3.fc17.x86_64
loadavg: 0.39 0.52 0.34