Old 04-22-2012, 05:17 AM
"Jason L Tibbitts III"

Default games packages / manual installation

CH> 1) My package is a game; does Fedora require games to be installed
CH> in /usr/games like some distros do? (Debian also requires them to be
CH> put in the games group.) If so, how should I adjust the my spec file
CH> so this is done properly?

You don't need to do that, and indeed you probably shouldn't as games
aren't really any different than any other application. Some tips on
packaging games are at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games/Packaging and of course the
regular packaging guidelines are all under
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:Guidelines

CH> 2) I have a desktop icon file that needs to be installed, but is not
CH> installed automatically by "make install". Should I just use the
CH> "install" command directly in the spec file, or is there some more
CH> proper way to go about it?

Installing the file is the proper way to go about it. You can use cp or
install; it's up to you. Seems kind of odd installing an svg into a
directory named "pixmaps" but a quick repoquery shows quite a number of
packages which do that so it must be OK.

- J<

Old 04-22-2012, 05:18 AM
Buddhike Kurera

2012/4/22 Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@frigidcode.com>:
> Hi. This is my first post to this list. I'm trying to create my first
> RPM, and I have some questions. (I hope this is the right place!)

Hello Christopher,

Welcome !

FYI, please check the following URL there are contributors who are
interested in Games in Fedora. Thanks

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games

Buddhike Chandradeepa Kurera(bckurera)
Fedora Ambassador - APAC region