Old 04-14-2012, 02:33 AM
Srineth Priyanka

Default RPM Packaging Help

Hello,I'm new to fedora rpm packaging. I have followed this link*http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_GNU_Hello_RPM_package.*
I have already setup rpm development environment. Then I could give following command,# usermod -a -G mock <your username>$ rpmdev-setuptree$ cd ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES
$ wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/hello/hello-2.7.tar.xz$ cd ~/rpmbuild/SPECS$ rpmdev-newspec hello
But when giving*vi hello.spec*command I can appear blank vim page. I can't see*
normaly .spec file. How can I normal spec file
Thanks

Old 04-14-2012, 02:38 AM
Christopher Meng

'Vi hello.spec' just set a template,you need to edit it manually.In the next section,there is an example existed.

在 2012-4-14 上午10:33,"Srineth Priyanka" <srineth.priyanka@gmail.com>写道:

Old 04-17-2012, 01:34 PM
Praveen Kumar

Hello,I'm new to fedora rpm packaging. I have followed this link*http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_a_GNU_Hello_RPM_package.*

I have already setup rpm development environment. Then I could give following command,# usermod -a -G mock <your username>$ rpmdev-setuptree$ cd ~/rpmbuild/SOURCES

$ wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/hello/hello-2.7.tar.xz$ cd ~/rpmbuild/SPECS$ rpmdev-newspec hello

But when giving*vi hello.spec*command I can appear blank vim page. I can't see*
normaly .spec file. How can I normal spec file
Thanks

You can use "rpmdev-newspec <specfile name>" for getting spec file template.

--
Praveen Kumar
http://fedoraproject.org/

*